The Juniper Oak 23.2 exercise between US and Israeli forces has begun.
The eastern Mediterranean has become one of the main scenarios of the exercise as the carrier Strike Group of the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. is also deployed. Bush (CVN-77) also took to the area.
This morning the scenario was as seen in the picture above:
- a USAF RC-135W (reg. 62-4134, callsign HUNTER53), coming from the Gulf, is flying into the area
- also a USN Lockheed EP-3E (reg. 157325 ) was in flight (passing through?) over the eastern Mediterranean
- it should be noted that today, a number of USAF B-52Hs coming directly from the USA are also engaged in the exercise
As far as Israel is concerned, the visible assets were:
- a Boeing B707 (reg. 275) carrying out an aerial refuelling mission
- a Gulfstream G550 Nachshon Eitam (reg. 537) and a Gulfstream G-V Nachshon Shavit (reg. 684) carrying out aerial surveillance activities
USAF, USN and Israeli fighter jets are also present in the area but cannot be traced.
Also interesting is the presence of a Turkish Air Force Boieng E-7T (reg. 13-002) monitoring the area (keeping an eye on the exercise)