In the map above (click to enlarge) you can see tracks of different military flight over central Mediterranean Sea in the last days.
We don’t known exactly the history of all tracks but we can suppose that:
- The red track on the right it’s probably a flight of an Hellenic Air Force Embraer ERJ-145 AEW&C departed from Eleusis AB;
- the orange track (incomplete) it’s probably a flight of an USAF MQ-9 “Reaper” departed from NAS Sigonella;
- the green track off Tripoli and Misrata it’s an Italian Air Force ATR P-72A departed from Sigonella AB;
- the brown track (holding between Malta and Libya) it’s an Italian Air Force Gulfstream G.550 CAEW from Pratica di Mare AB;
- the multiple red tracks on the left it’a an Italian Air Force Beech B350ER departed from Pantelleria AB;
- The single red track (incomplete) on the left (coming from northern Tunisia) it’s probably a French Air Force aircraft (E-3F?);
- the yellow track it’s a French Air Force Airbus A340 in flight to Souda Bay AB.