The Italian Navy Carrier Strike Group left on the 2nd of February Taranto for the first deployment of the year.
During the mission Italian CSG will conduct “tri carrier operations” with the French Navy (Marine Nationale)’s Charles de Gaulle CSG and the U.S. Navy’s Truman CSG.
Today and yesterday the Italian CSG performed an exercise with the USS Truman CSG and other USN ships in the Adriatic Sea.
In the Eastern Mediterranean, the two carriers will meet with the French Navy carrier “Charles de Gaulle” (R91) CSG and conduct rare “Tri Carrier Operations”.
In these days the mission the Italian CSG is composed by:
– aircraft carrier Cavour (C550) and her airwing (McDonnel Douglas AV-8+ and Lockheed F-35B)
– the air defense destroyer Andrea Doria (D553)
– the frigate Carlo Margottini (F 592) , part of Standing NATO Maritime Group Two (SNMG2)
– the refueling vessel Stromboli (A-5327)
– Turkish Navy frigate Göksu (F497), part of Standing NATO Maritime Group Two (SNMG2)
– Spanish navy frigate Blas de Lezo (F103), part of Standing NATO Maritime Group Two (SNMG2)
– a Todaro class submarine
Leave a Reply