Also this afternoon the NATO device is massively deployed over the skies of Eastern Europe.
A number of surveillance missions are underway:
- NATO Boeing E-3A (reg. LX-N90451) returns to base after orbiting over central Poland
- NATO Boeing E-3A (reg. LX-N90446) has taken the place of the other AWACS that is returning to base
- RAF Boeing RC-135W (reg. ZZ665) orbiting near the border with Belarus
- USAF Boeing E-8C (reg. 95-0121) also orbiting in the same area
In-flight refueling missions are also underway:
- NATO Airbus KC2 (reg. T-057) orbiting north of Poland
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 63-7999) returns to base after aerial refueling mission over southern Poland
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 58-0089) took the place of the other KC-135R
- USAF McDonnel Douglas KC-10A (reg. 86-0028) heads for Romania
- German Air Force Airbus A400M (reg. 54+11) conducts aerial refueling mission over Romania
It should be noted that each tanker has at least one pair of untraceable fighters carrying out a CAP (Combat Air Patrol).