Also this morning, NATO is deploying a significant amount of forces over Eastern Europe.
A NATO Boeing E-3A (reg. LX-N90456) is in flight to Poland.
There are numerous tankers in the air to secure NATO aircraft CAP (Combat Airt Patrol):
- NATO Airbus A330MRTT (reg. T-056) in flight to Poland
- RAF Airbus KC.2 (reg. ZZ330) in flight over northern Poland
- RAF Airbus KC.2 (reg. ZZ337) in flight towards Eastern Poland
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 63-8887) in flight over southern Poland
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 58-0100) in flight over Romania
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 58-0100) in flight towards Romania
As we know fighter jets carrying out CAP are not usually trackeable but today over Poland the USAF Lockheed Martin F-35As (it’s trackable the aircraft with reg.13-5067) carrying out the mission are traceable.
We believe that this is not a coincidence, but it serves to show how even the latest arrival among the USAF assets is deployed operationally in the European theater.