Also this morning, NATO assets are on high alert over eastern Europe.
A USArmy Bombardier 600 “ARTEMIS” (reg. N488CR – callsign BRIO68) which has departed from Costanta, Romania, is carrying out a surveillance mission on the border between Romania and Ukraine.
Several tankers are flying in support of the fighters in CAP:
- RAF Airbus KC.2 (reg. ZZ333) over northeastern Poland
- NATO Airbus A330MRTT (reg. T-055) in flight over Poland
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 63-8878) over eastern Poland
- USAF Boeing KC-135R (reg. 63-7999) in flight over Romania
- USAF McDonnel Douglas KC-10A (reg. 86-0028 – callsing NACHO222) in flight over Romania
Who knows why all Stratotanker (LAGR, NCHO, MMF) are not flying over / crossing Czech Republic area?
Looks like they avoid it, like the devil hates holy water.
Accepting extra miles by flying via Berlin and Poland.
I was wondering that too. Any ideas by now?