REPORT UPDATED (04/07/2022) AVAILABLE HERE: https://www.itamilradar.com/2022/04/07/third-report-on-the-naval-situation-in-the-mediterranean-sea/
New report on the naval situation in the central and eastern Mediterranean.
NATO currently has 3 aircraft carriers available in the Mediterranean:
1) The US aircraft carrier USS Truman (CVN-75) and its CSG (Combat Strike Group) is now sailing in the southern Adriatic sea. Her aircraft are taking part in the exercise Iniochos ’22
2) The French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle (R91) has transited yesterday evening Strait of Messina towards Tyrrhenian Sea. Sailing with her were the filling ship Berne and the destroyer Forbin (D620). It is possible that she is returning to her base in Toulon.
3) The Italian aircraft carrier Cavour (C550) is in Taranto.
4) The Standing NATO Maritime Group 2 is underway in the eastern Mediterranean sea
Russian forces are currently divided as follows:
1) Surface Action Group (SAG) of the cruiser Varyag is in the Ionian Sea (or at least was there last week).
2) SAG of the cruiser Ustinov is underway south of Crete where it can interdict access to the Aegean or Eastern Mediterranean.
3) east of Crete we have detected an intense activity of the NATO anti-submarine aircrafts. Atleast three Russian Navy vessels were in the area: a Kilo-class submarine in surfacing (may have a malfunction), an Amur-class repair ship and a Burian-class corvette.
4) the remaining naval units are either in Tartus or nearby