The USS George H. W. Bush (CVN-77) Carrier Strike Group departed from Norfolk, Va., is entered Mediterranean sea this morning.
The strike group is composed by:
- cruiser USS Leyte Gulf (CG-55)
- destroyer USS Delbert D. Black (DDG-119)
- destroyer USS Truxtun (DDG-103)
- destroyer USS Farragut (DDG-99)
- destroyer USS Nitze (DDG-94)
Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 7, based on Naval Air Station Oceana, Va., is embarked on Bush and includes a total of nine squadrons and detachments equipped with F/A-18E/F, EA-18G, E-2D, C-2A, MH-60S/R.
Thus, two USNavy CSGs are currently in the Mediterranean (the USS Truman is sailing between the Ionian Sea and the Southern Adraitico). The Truman, however, will be leaving the Mediterranean in the coming days to return home.