Since this morning, as soon as news of the terrible earthquake that struck south-eastern Turkey became known, the relief machine was set in motion.
Numerous military flights headed for Adana airport, the one closest to the earthquake zone.
They are currently in the air:
- 1 Turkish Air Force C-130B (reg. 61-2634) departed from Izmir
- 1 Turkish Air Force A-400M (reg. 16-0055) also departed from Izmir
- 1 Hellenic Air Force C-130H (reg. 747) departed from Elefsis AB, Greece
- 1 Romanian Air Force Leonardo C-27J (reg. 2705) departed from Bucharest
- 1 Romanian Air Force Lockheed C-130B (reg. 5930) departed from Bucharest
- 1 Italian Air Force Piaggio P.180 (reg. MM62286) took off from Pratica di Mare AB carrying an Italian civil protection rescue team